Monday, April 18, 2011

Super Rich Pay Less Tax


Oh, my, look at the title of this post! Rich people are paying less tax now then they used to pay–which wasn't much then, relatively-speaking.


Anybody here surprised to find this out? Anybody? You in the corner? Say what? Yes, you can go to the bathroom. Anybody else?


Yeah. That's what I thought. 


I don't mind if somebody living below the poverty level isn't kicking anything in. Somebody making a  million a year and not having to pay any taxes? I mind that. Liberty and justice for all hasn't quite overcome the rich-get-richer-and-the-poor-get-poorer-and-the-middle-class-hauls-the-freight thing, has it? 


And as Vonnegut said, so it goes. 

1 comment:

Dan Gambiera said...

I'd break out the pitchforks, torches, tar, feathers and split rail. But you have to be in the top 2% to afford them these days.