Thursday, April 28, 2011

Oh, Yeah, the Band ...


I did a session with the Closet Musicians, did I mention? Had a fun time–they have a diverse and interesting songbook, most of which I could manage cold, a good sign. Like baby bear's porridge, you don't want too hot or too cold, but just right, and having to concentrate on a couple of odd chords is an okay stretch. 


I played "Hey Jude," for them, didn't embarrass myself too badly, and they seemed willing to add that one into their list. A good start.


They've been doing this a couple years, have about a dozen more-or-less regular members, and usually six or eight who show up. There was another guitar, a banjo, ukulele, washtub bass, a kazoo and rhythm stick player, and a singer-only at the session, and we got along fine. Apparently there are a couple other guitarists who drop round, as well as mandolinist, harmonica player, accordionist, and a keyboardist.


They are an older group than the NFUs. I was out-yeared by three of the six, and not far ahead of a couple others. 


Geezers rule ...


I enjoyed myself, and was invited back, so that's probably a good sign ...

2 comments:

Todd Erven said...

Very cool that you found a new group. =)

steve-vh said...

Well done. the internets pays off.
Much better than hanging a paper plate on the bulletin board at the music store.