Friday, April 22, 2011

Current Set List


Songs come and go; some I play for a while and they stop calling to me, so they fade. I hear one I like, or remember one and I can get the lyrics and chords, or figure them out, and start practicing it.


Here's what on my plate this month:



Bell Bottom Blues - Clapton
Layla - Clapton
Can’t Get Used to Losin’ You - Pomus and Shuman
One Toke Over the Line - Brewer and Shipley
Political Science - Randy Newman
Sail Away - Randy Newman
Louisiana 1927 - Randy Newman
Lonely at the Top - Randy Newman
House of the Risin' Sun - Traditional
Hotel California - Eagles
Lola - Davies
Walk Away Renee - Lookofsky and Sansone
We Just Disagree - Mason
Year of the Cat - Michaels
Hallelujah - Cohen
Been Too Long at the Fair - Zoss
Angel from Montgomery - Prine
I'm Blowin' Away - Kaz
Way Down in the Hole  - Waits
Dixie (Instrumental) - Traditional
The Weight - Robertson
Blackbird - McCartney
In My Life - Lennon
Yesterday (Inst.) - McCartney
Here Comes the Sun (Inst.) - Harrison
Hey, Jude - McCartney
 With a Little Help From My Friends - McCartney and Lennon
Stand By Me - King, Lieber, and Stoller
Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay - Redding
Brand New Key - Melanie
Born to Run - Springsteen
Telstar (Inst.) - Meek
Love and Affection - Armatrading
Have a Heart - Hayes
Stewball - Traditional
Comes a Time - Young
Dream A Little Dream - Andre, Schwandt, Kahn
For What It's Worth - Stills
Hesitation Blues - Traditional
If I can't Have You - Donaldson
Keep On Truckin' Mama - Traditional
Take a Whiff on Me - Traditional
To Make you Feel My Love - Dylan
Tonight I Think I'm Gonna Go Downtown - Gilmore and Reed
Viper (The Reefer Song) - Smith
Werewolves of London - Zevon
White Freightliner - Van Zandt
St. James Infirmary - Traditional
Sloop John B - Traditional
Folsum Prison Blues - Cash

2 comments:

steve vh said...

ever play any JJ Cale?

Steve Perry said...

Oops, posted my reply under the wrong thread.

Yeah, I used to do "Same Old Blues," and "Cocaine," though not lately.