Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Doctah, Doctah, What You Say?


Had my physical this morning, bright and coffee-less. I believe I've pointed this out before, but if you are worried about your blood pressure showing up high when you visit the doc, skip the coffee. Caffeine, being a stimulant, will spike BP in some folks. If you are the kind of person who gets nervous at the clinic, that kicks it up, as well, so adding coffee -- which you'll have to drink black if you get a fasting blood sugar test -- is a no-no. 



If you are a crack-smoker, pass on that one, too ...


I needn't have worried this time. My BP was 126/64, which is better than it's been as long as I've been keeping track. (First reading I remember was in high school biology class: 120/80.)  Pulse at 68, and that's after moving around. Down three pounds from my usual.


Physical exam was unremarkable, no new lumps or bumps about which to worry. Manly organs okay. Blood work will take a few days, but any surprises there withstanding, I seem to be in pretty good shape --


All together now:


-- for a man my age ...

No comments: