Friday, October 29, 2010

Book 'Em, Danno!


James MacArthur 
1937-2010

James MacArthur, who probably heard that line, "Book 'em, Danno!" a thousand times after the original Hawaii Five-O went off the air, has passed on. 

I first saw him in a movie version of Kidnapped, circa 1960, and in this and that until Five-O. After that, he did a few guest appearances and a couple of movies, and then mostly retired. He was a scratch golfer and -- something I didn't know -- an accomplished Spanish guitarist.

Adiós, James.  

3 comments:

J.D. Ray said...

Dunno if you're seen the new Hawaii Five-O, but it couldn't hold a drink for the original.

Steve Perry said...

I watched the first episode, and I didn't think it was bad. As long as I didn't try to make the comparison, it was fine.

Stan said...

I had low hopes when they cut the opening theme in half!

However, they have succeeded in bringing more personality to the individual characters, rather than just a cop show in the Big Island.

Mahalo!