Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Music R Us


For most of the last couple years, I've been working on my playing when I pick up the guitar -- mostly finger-picking kinda stuff. I'm not good at it, but I am better.

So I've been adding in some vocals to go with the instrumentals from time to time, and if I had to work up a set-list and fill an hour, I have enough stuff I can passably play. Here's what I've been singing to the walls and the dogs the last couple weeks. Pretty much I can do all these, save for "Year of the Cat," which I just started learning today. A week or so, I should have that one down. Too bad I don't have the keyboards, bass, and sax to go with the guitar ...

Latest Set List - Guitar/with Vocals

1. We Just Disagree - Dave Mason
2. No Nookie Song - Perry
3. Long, Long Time - Gary White/Linda Ronstadt
4. Sail Away - Randy Newman
5. Never Be a Country Singer - Perry
6. Year of the Cat - Al Stewart
7. Different Drum - Stone Poneys
8. Way Down in the Hole - Tom Waits
9. Stagolee - Traditional
10. Sixteen Tons - Merle Travis
11. Science Fiction - Richard O’Brien/Rocky Horror
12. Blackbird - Paul McCarney
13. In My Life - John Lennon
14. Time Was - Perry
15. The Second Time Around - Perry
16. Black-Hearted Soul - Perry
17. Layla - Eric Clapton/Derek & the Dominoes
18. Lola - Ray Davies/Kinks
19. Angel From Montgomery - John Prine
20. Whitebread Blues - Perry

No comments: