Monday, January 07, 2008
So, the clothes dryer is fixed -- burned-out thermal fuse, the cause of which was a clogged chute under the lint trap. Seems the little wire mesh that catches the lint (and which we dutifully clean out every load or two like we are supposed to) allows a certain amount of very fine particulate through. After six or eight years, enough of this had built up to cause things to get too warm, and zap! the fuse let go.
I'd never have found it, because I didn't realize this particular model could be accessed from the front, below the tub, and since we bought the sucker, somehow the owner's manual went away. So, clean the chute, new fuse, and we are back in business. Which is good, because hanging clothes to dry where we have had rain thirty-two of the last thirty-six days is a no-win proposition.
I now await the arrival of the hot tub guy, so see if my suspicion about the burned-out heater are correct. If so, that will be a tad more expensive than the dryer to repair, and probably another three or four days before the parts get here ...
Plus, the house cleaners are coming. Once a month, we have a service come in and do major cleaning, since we are too busy (read: too lazy) to do it ourselves.
Grand Central Terminal here today. Drives the dogs nuts, all the traffic, and of course, I love having people traipse in and out while I am trying to avoid working ...