Thursday, January 07, 2010

Passage


So Tsutomu Yamaguchi passed away, he was 93. I wrote a piece featuring him in March of '09. He was the only known survivor of two atomic bomb attacks. He was on a business trip to Hiroshima when the August 6th bomb fell. He survived and hurried home -- to Nagasaki ...

One of those bad luck/good luck things. How bad is your luck that you get two atomic bombs dropped on you? And how good is it that you survive?

I would guess that in his shoes, I'd think maybe I might think some higher power had plans for me. The universe might not give a crap about people, but, boy, it would be a real reason to wonder: Why me?

1 comment:

Shady_Grady said...

I saw that news and thought of this Calvin and Hobbes cartoon.

Hobbes : “Do you think there’s a God?
Calvin : “Well somebody’s out to get me!”