Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Catstrati


So, Ballou, our free, but getting damned expensive, cat, as of today, now sings soprano.

He's just back from the vet's, fitted for one of those plastic cones that makes him look as if he's wearing a collapsed 16th Century ruffled collar, and very unhappy with it.

Layla lies outside the door to the room where we have el gato confined because we are supposed to limit his activity for a while, and to allow her to run up and down the hall and wrestle with him, as well as licking his incisions is not any better than allowing him to do it.

She is also unhappy. What have you done to my cat? Why is he locked away? Inquiring Corgis want to know!

Of course, I have to take the plastic cone off for him to eat or get into the litter box, which has a roof on it, and getting that collar back on? Not a job for anybody with hide less tough than a rhino's.

Never a dull moment.

P.S. Extra points for the first person to get why I used the image above ...

10 comments:

Jimmy Simpson said...

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2010/01/05/funny-pictures-nom-force-field/

Anonymous said...

Lee Marvin - Cat Ballou!

Unknown said...

"He did it! He missed the barn!"

Bobbe Edmonds said...

*AHEM*

Lee Marvin was IN "Cat Ballou". Cat herself was played by "Hanoi" Jane Fonda, she of the low-rent movie selection and high-impact workout routine.

And I knew the etymology behind Ballou's name when he first came to your house.

Since the other guy was anon - Do I get the $50.00?

Always assuming I can trade those pints in for dollars...Or valuable prizes.

Bobbe Edmonds said...

>"Always assuming I can trade those POINTS in"<

Goddam keyboard. My last short story was supposed to be called "The Consort of Walls", but I screwed that up, too...!

Evan Robinson said...

I'll not trouble you any further

Unknown said...

Lee Marvin is, even now, spinning violently counter-clockwise in his grave.

Steve Perry said...

I think "pints" was a particularly telling Freudian slip ...

Dosbears said...

When my dog had to wear the dreaded collar, I set up a food bowl and water bowl by putting steel mixing bowls into stock pots, so the collar fits over the pot while he's accessing it. Maybe that idea could be scaled down for a cat.

Unknown said...

I thought quoting about Kid Shelleen's second most important act would have been sufficient, but I did not name the picture so ...