Tuesday, September 02, 2008

What Goes Around, Comes Around



Sometimes I am struck by the cyclic nature of nature, which includes us. Given the current presidential race, I am reminded of two bumper stickers from the sixties, both of which were out riding chrome in L.A. when I lived there.

There they are, uptop:

Love it or leave it; change it or lose it. There it is, in a nutshell, the R's and D's, the conservatives and the liberals, them and us ...

More than forty years ago, but if you go to Cafepress, you can still get the sticker or the T-shirt.

I don't think Obama can change it as much as he says; I also think the only real change McCain offers is him in the Current Occupant''s chair. But either way, it sounds so familiar, doesn't it?

Wait long enough, those bell-bottoms and wide ties may come back yet again.

No comments: