Thursday, May 29, 2008

Free! Free at Last!


John Turner, psychiatrist, at age 67

So, after I climbed out of Procrustes's iron bed, did my time on the rack, and the funny/heavy ball toss, the physical therapist allowed this very morning as how I was on the mend enough so that I could tend to the rest of it on my own.

No more PT sessions! Huzzah!

In fact, he said, I was, overall, all things considered, generally speaking, not to put too fine a point on it, in terrific shape --

-- for a man my age ...

Sigh. I guess I am really going to have to go dig out my copy of Growing Old is Not For Sissies, and get myself a T-shirt ...

6 comments:

Ximena Cearley said...

That looks more like Theodore Sturgeon to me--another hot old guy.

steve-vh said...

I just got done with my last visit as well today!!
Still alot of work to do on my own.

Steve Perry said...

Congratulations! You had a much longer and harder road than I did, and I can appreciate that from my short walk on it.

Now, if we can just get Bobbe to lay off that Nazi beer to preserve the few brain cells he has left ...

steve-vh said...

Ah yes, the stuff that's been filtered through Monks....Has a slight wang to it.

Steve Perry said...

Ted never looked so good. (He was a long-time nudist at home, he and his last wife, Jane.) Ask Harlan sometimes about going to see Ted during his nekkid period.

Fortunately, by the time they were living in Springfield, they had gotten back to wearing clothes. My buddy Reaves was a long-time Sturgeon friend, they lived in the same apartment building in Silverlake for a time in the seventies. I had a chance to visit them in Springfield. He was a character, but still smoking his pipe, and no way physically fit.

Steve Perry said...

Newlywed Girl --

So you got a new blog, but no posts?