Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Housery Continues ...


Floor guy is coming back today–in theory–to finish the back bathroom and the baseboards. 
(Editor's Note: Well, the bathroom floor, the sander grinds away even as we speak, but he's not gonna get to the baseboards today, tomorrow.)

My sister-in-law and my niece and nephew are also flying in today from Louisiana for a visit. My niece just graduated high school and this visit is part of a trip to the west coast to go and check out the college she'll be attending in the fall, down in California. 

Say it like us hillbillies and rednecks and coonasses do: Down there in Calla-forn-ee-aay ...

Tomorrow–in theory–the counter guys come to install the new counter tops in the kitchen.  The old tops get removed with hammers and crowbars. Noise! Dust! Disarray!

Somewhere in there, the plumber will be back for his third time, to install the last toilet, and the new sinks in the kitchen and back bathroom. Habitat for Humanity is coming by to pick up the old TV cabinet. The old TV will be pressed into temporary service as an X-box monitor for the nephew while they are here. I don't expected to see him save when he comes up for food and air. We have laid in a stock of hot dogs and white bread buns.

My son came over yesterday and helped me move the TV and then hooked it up to various game platforms.

The dogs are already freaked out and nobody has even shown up yet ...

In the middle of all this, I have to get some work done the last book in the Cutter's War series. I have an understanding editor who will cut me some slack, but still, it doesn't get done unless I do it.

Never a dull moment ...

No comments: