Friday, January 28, 2011

This Month's Song


I haven't done a new blues song in a while, so, and I was writing a Roy the Demon story yesterday, so ...




Woke up Dead Blues (Am)
I.
(Am) I woke up this mornin’, (Dm) turned out I was (Am) dead/
Yeah, I (Dm) woke up this mornin', turned out I was (Am) dead/
When (E7) you wake up not breathin’ (walk it down - E7,D#7,D7) it really screws with your (Am) head. (Am) (Dm) (Am) (Turnaround - bass line - D, D#, E)
II.
The Reaper stood by my window, I heard him clear as a bell/
Yeah, The Reaper stood my my window, I heard him clear as a bell/
He said, We better get movin,’ cause it’s a long way to Hell.
III.
You better pack some popcorn, he said with a smile/ 
Yeah, you better pack some popcorn, he said with a smile/
You gonna be hungry when we get there, and the food there is vile.
IV.
I’m a walkin’ dead man, right down to my shoes/
Yeah, I’m a walkin’ dead man, right down to my shoes/
I’m on my way to meet the Devil, I got the Woke up Dead Blues.
Repeat first verse, and out. 

No comments: