Took a bit longer to get the Smashwords edition of Spindoc converted from the old files than I figured.
The scanning part was faster -- thirty seconds a page -- and the artifacts and mis-read words in the first six chapters took a couple hours. But the other files, stored in an extinct version of AppleWorks, came across with more errors than I expected. These showed up as the little apple symbol, odd control characters where I'd used italics or other formatting, a couple of the keys like the ! and 1 swapped with each other, plus some odd spacing that needed global searches to eliminate. I pretty much had to re-read the whole thing as I went.
Still and all, I was able to get a pass done in one working day and a couple hours of the next, so, not bad.
For a book I wrote in 1993, it held up pretty well, content-wise.
I was tempted to rewrite as I went -- but I held off. (I dunno if I'm a better writer now than I was then, but I would cast things a bit differently, and tone down the sex a bit, from NC-17 to R. Sometimes less is more.)
If I saw a typo, I fixed it, and there were a couple spots where something I thought I'd stuck in italics in the novel weren't, so I did that, but otherwise, I left it alone. It was a book of its time, and while progress went faster in some areas than I figured, I let it stand.
I'll make one more pass and then run it through the convertor for Smashwords and put it up. There will be a link over in the right hand column, as usual.
Another day, another backlist novel sent into the electronic void ...