Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm Ready for my Close-Up

So, I had my first session with the photographer for an upcoming calendar to raise money for a local writing group. This is one of those things featuring local writers showing some skin -- rated G or PG, of course -- wherein we allow ourselves to be put into silly poses, sans clothing, for the benefit of a worthy cause.

Me, I'm the sci fi guy, and not to give too much away, will probably be waving a light saber under the light of a full moon at a bug-eyed monster. 

I dunno if the alien will be dressed or not ...

What I learned from this was that a big warehouse studio, on what was one of the coldest March days ever here locally, takes a while to heat up even with the heater blasting away, and that I should bring a warm robe next time to avoid the Blue Acorn Effect.

The things we do for our art ...

10 comments:

Bobbe Edmonds said...

The things "WE" do, for "OUR" art? Since when are you Ron Jeremy?

I knew this would happen...Life in the fast lane has gone to your head.

Steve Perry said...

Nah, not Ron Jeremy, Ben Dover ...

Irene said...

You really wanna put up a post like that, and then leave comments open? Wow, you trust the discretion of your readers.

Steve Perry said...

Because my heart is pure, I have the strength of ten. Aside from which I can run with my regulars, and I have control of the squelch button ...

Bobbe Edmonds said...

>"Because my heart is pure"<

..I'm just gonna stand way the hell back over here, so when the lightning comes down, I'm well away from it.

Steve Perry said...

I don't know why, Kid. Many times as you've been hit by lightning lately, got to figure you're immune by now.

Edwin Voskamp said...

> > "Because my heart is pure"
> >
> ..I'm just gonna stand way the hell back over here, so when the lightning comes down, I'm well away from it.
>
This is Oregon: not enough lightning, nor a hurricane or so. I guess it'll have to be a volcano eruption.

Anonymous said...

Sure, blame the cold, Steve. That must be what it was.

Tiel Aisha Ansari said...

"This is Oregon: not enough lightning, nor a hurricane or so."

We do get hurricane-strength winds, though: fairly frequently on the coast, not so often here in the valley.

But I'm betting on a meteor strike.

Steve Perry said...

But of course it was cold. It's an automatic protective mechanism.

Really. No, I mean, really. Truly.