Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Redneck Ice -- Yo, yo, yo ...


Somebody asked me recently about rap music. I got nothing against it, but, sixty-year-old white guy? Hip-hop belongs to folks with a different mind- and experience-set. I grew up with be-bop, early rock, and my music reached the high water mark with the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.

Still, following up on my point that a writer isn't bound by his birth, I did write a one-verse rap song once, just see if I could ...

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven/
When my bitch bought me a three-fifty-seven/
I got the Firestar, I got the Black Talon/
I shoot you one time, you gonna bleed by the gallon/
So listen to me boyz and you better learn the lesson/
'Cause I never walk alone, I walk with Smith and Wesson.

(And the girlz go: Smith and Wesson/Smith and Wesson/ dial it down, dial it down!/Smith and Wesson,)

So, you think Fiddy should be worried ... ?

3 comments:

Irene said...

Don't give up your day job, Steve.

Bobbe Edmonds said...

Again, I lend you words of wisdom from your own personage:

Bad idea. Stop this. Now.

Steve Perry said...

Sure. Combine the two -- blues and rap:

I woke up this morning, and my ho's booty had shrunk/

I woke up this morning, and my ho's booty had shrunk/

My bling wuz all missin', my homeboys wuz drunk ...

Know what I'm sayin'?