Monday, December 26, 2011

Gun Grips

I was on eBay recently and came across some cool-looking spalted Maple burl pistol grips by Randy Frantz, selling as RTF. Frantz is a gun guy in Arizona, and I have a fondness for Maple burl, as evidenced by the wood Chuck and I picked out for the handle of the CK, upon which he is working. 

"Spalted" means that the wood was infested with a fungus at some point, and the resulting pattern as the wood and fungi chewed on each other can sometimes be quite attractive.

Good price, nice grips, check 'em out. 

No comments: