Saturday, June 26, 2010

Contact

A couple weeks back, I saw some neat videos on contact juggling. They do this with glass balls or hoops, and some of it is amazing to watch. So, I thought, here's another way for me to waste time (of which I have an ever-descreasing supply) and so, naturally, I ordered one.

Not glass, but acrylic, and the sucker weighs a pound-and-a-half, so it's interesting how fast your hands get tired. Hits the carpet hard when I drop it, scares the dogs and cat when it thumps.

All I've managed to learn since I got it last week are the most simple of moves, but since this is something I can practice watching TV, I can alternate it with twirling knives, and multi-task, so it's not really taking any time ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't practice outside; I still have a little dot scar on the back of my forefinger from the first time I got a perfect back-of-the-hand two-closed-fingers balance on a nice bright sunny day; couldn't figure out why it was starting to really hurt until I saw the smoke, oops.

Steve Perry said...

Yep, just the right size to pinpoint-focus the sun and zap holes in you.

They make a ball that has some kind of UV filter that stops that, but I didn't figure I'd be doing much in the sun and it cost more, so I golt the cheaper one.

AF1 said...

Not bad, Steve.

heina said...

I don't think they ship the UV filter version to Oregon...

Zing!

Stan said...

Form whom did you order your acrylic, Steve? I've been looking for a local supplier and it appears that the balls are kind of a "special target" item and difficult to find.

Steve Perry said...

Actually, I got mine through Amazon.com.