Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's a Small World After All

My wife just got back from a visit with her sister in Louisiana. Spent a few days, had a great time, and rode the big metal bird home yesterday. Sitting on the plane, she didn't talk to her seat mates until they were just outside Portland. The guy next to her, it turned out, was a science fiction writer.

Oh, really ... ?

She got his card: Chris Jackson. I didn't know his name, nor his books, and he didn't know who I was, but I thought it an amusing coincidence.

3 comments:

Brad said...

There are no coincidences.


Okay, maybe little ones. But that was kind of neat. Did your wife throw in your name? Maybe he's heard of you.

On a side note, I'm off to work in Lake Charles, La next month. Any suggestions?

J.D. Ray said...

Dunno about the fantasy stuff, but from his website, his science fiction looks a little cheesy.

Okay, I'm done here. Next. :D

Brad said...

My reading comprehension skills are not working this month, I noticed that you had been mentioned and he didn't know of you.

I agree with J.D. His SciFi does look cheesy.