Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fear or Terror?


I have a file of metaphors and similes and pithy sayings into which I drop things from time to time. Came across it, and rediscovered one I've always thought was amusing. If I haven't posted it here before, I should have.

Regarding the difference between "fear" and "terror."

Fear is the first time you can't get it up twice.

Terror is the second time you can't get it up once ...

If you are too young or inexperienced to understand these references, then you ought not to be reading this blog. Go and ask Daddy what "get it up" means. Don't tell him where you read it. Tell him you heard Uncle Bobbe say something about it ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that line from "Trinity Vector". Is that one of yours or was it taken from elsewhere?

It is a good line.

~ Mad Jamey

Steve Perry said...

Wish it were mine. I don't have an attribution, but I am sure I swiped it from somewhere.

Bobbe Edmonds said...

What's the deal here? Are you screwing with me out of boredom? Don't you have something else to do? Isn't there a Matador sequel you're supposed to be writing??

Steve Perry said...

Just checking to see if you were awake, Kid.

Anonymous said...

Bobbe the only reason anyone would screw you is out of boredom.

Mike 'Bwana' Blackgrave said...

As my dear departed grand daddy used to say "I can't get it up but I can dang sure drop it over"....he lived to be 96.