Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Pause ...


Haven't been here much lately, got some family medical stuff going on: Down in Louisiana, my mother has had a mild stroke. She's got local family gathered round, attending to her and to my father, who is in the middle stage of Alzheimer's. 


Never a dull moment.


I've been talking to my sister and niece, had a conversation with my mother's primary care doctor, and she seems  stable and relatively intact. Speech is pretty good, she can move okay, but she'll need to do rehab for a while to get back to normal for an eighty-five year old.


My son and I will be going down for a visit, after we get past the Thanksgiving flight jam. If you need to fly commercial around this time of year and you don't already have a ticket? Good luck with that. 


Fortunately, it isn't critical that I get there immediately.


I'll keep you posted. 

No comments: