Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lay Down Candles


Work up this morning, the electricity was out. The storm that came through last evening, while much more anemic than predicted–we got but a few hundredths of an inch of rain at my house–did arrive with gusty winds, and some trees and branches came down hither and yon, enough so something got knocked over somewhere. 


Got up, lit a candle, put a log in the fireplace. The iPad was charged, and the 3G connection worked, so I was able to get on PGE's outage site and see there were several hundred folks in my area code sitting in the dark, and a couple thousand in the surrounding areas. PGE had logged four hundred and some calls telling them about it, so I didn't add my voice.


They expected the juice to be flowing again by nine o'clock, they said, but it was back on by 7:40 a.m.


And so it goes ...



No comments: