Friday, February 20, 2009

Guilty Pleasure

Okay, I admit it, I like messing with people's minds. The previous posting of the Rebel ring? I considered getting it. In the end, I didn't think I could pull it off -- might be a little too subtle for people to get the joke, so I decided against it.

(Steve Barnes is the guy to wear it. That would flabbergast people all kinds of ways.)

But I have another cute item I got some years back. It's an anti-war pin, got it at the defunct Oregon Peace Institute downtown,  but you could conceivably look at it and consider it an anti-gun statement. 

When the winter gun show happens locally and I go, I usually wear the jacket with the pin on it. Nobody ever says anything to me about it. Of course, that's probably because every other guy in the building is packing heat, and they probably figure I am, too.

An armed society is a polite society. At least in some instances ...

No comments: