Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Finally, a Good Use for It ...


Okay, we are the kind of people who allow our dogs in the house.

We are the kind of people who allow the critters on the bed.

In fact, we are the kind of people who not only allow it, we make it easy for our stubby little dogs to get onto the bed; to save wear and tear on their joints, we have put in a foam ramp.

They make them for that -- dog-get-on-the-bed-ramps. Google it, it's true.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Well, if you don't like dogs, that's your problem -- I feel sorry for you.

But the ramp is not the most stable thing, being lightweight. so we figured we needed to strap it to the footboard to keep the beasts from tipping it over. Which we did.

The upshot of all this?

I finally found a use for that black belt that's been hanging in the closet all these years. Good for something after all ...

6 comments:

steve-vh said...

Yeah, it also finally comes in handy for assisting in those neat rehab exercises as assigned by the physical therapist.

Tiel Aisha Ansari said...

Funny, I've been using a stick for that. (On account of I don't have any belts, I suppose.)

Steve Perry said...

Using a stick for what? Holding up the dog ramp, or doing the rehab ... ?

steve vh said...

I wasn't even going to touch that one Steve. You're a braver man than I.

So Tiel, how much therapy are you doing for your shoulder? I'm going back today for the first time after surgery. Apparently a SLAP tear isn't all that common - Yeah that would be me.
Prior to surgery we were using sticks, staffs, belts, bands, balloons, swiss balls, you name it.

Tiel Aisha Ansari said...

Steve: no dog ramp, our dogs are full-sized shepherds and the bed's kind of low-framed anyway.

Other Steve: PT 3 times/week, plus Todd's doing a lot of PT-type stuff with me at home daily. (Insert favorite S/M joke here...)

Bobbe Edmonds said...

"So I told my wife, hey, it's not what you think, I was just tryin' to give the cheerleader mouth-to-mouth resuscitation..."