Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Quigley Down Under



Okay, the usual excuses–the light was bad, my arm was sore–plus I'm only five months into ukes in general and but one month into this particular instrument ...

Originally, I went to find the sheet music or tab for Quigley's Theme, but it wasn't to be had, Basil Poledouris having up and died shortly after the movie came out,  so I did it myself. Not what you'd call majorly impressive, but since it is my first tab/arrangement, I am not displeased with the results.

For the gearheads, this is via a Samson USB mono-mike directly into QuickTime. I added credits fore and aft using iMovie, but the sound isn't tweaked or sweetened.

I'll come back when I can do "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," and "Something in the Way She Moves ..."

3 comments:

Mike Byers said...

Sounding good!

steve-vh said...

have you checked out http://www.you-tab.com/ ?

Steve Perry said...

Yeah, I checked out everywhere. Couldn't find Quigley. Got plenty of other stuff to work on; most of what I can do on guitar I should be able to port to the uke.