Tuesday, March 19, 2013

La Mordita



La Mordita, it says on the local food truck, "the little bite." Always think about that this time of year, though in my bracket, not so little, the bite ...

We are talking about taxes, of course. The bane of spring

I put it off as long as I can, but my tax guy doesn't like it if we wait until the last minute. Takes me all day, sometimes two, just to get stuff in good enough shape for my number-cruncher to do the real work.

I go into a fugue once I crank up Quicken, I get surly, the dogs run and hide, it's not pretty ...

The late George Harrison, whose bracket in England was like 90%, so detested the tax system he wrote a song about it.

Me,  I don't enjoy it, but it's the price we pay for living in the Republic; I bitch, but I pay my share. In the words of Tony Soprano: "Whaddya gonna do?"

No comments: