Monday, June 11, 2007

Antiques





I mentioned in a previous post that I once had a little Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Actually, I sort of had two of them; one, I rented from a buddy who went off into the Army; and the second one, a little bigger enginewise, that I bought once I gave the borrowed one back.

Would that I had kept that thing tucked away in a garage somewhere wrapped in oil-soaked rags for forty years. It'd be worth about fifteen times what I paid for it used back in the sixties.

I don't have any pictures of those bikes, but the two uptop here are close. I didn't have a windshield, and the first one I rode was kind of a rusty-orange color, the second one blue. Both were probably Harley Pacers, aka the Super-10, and collectively called Hummers.

Ah, the good old days ...

No comments: