Thursday, January 18, 2007

Snowbound


So, the view out my office window this morning. The little fellow just visible to the right of the glass is an Ana's Hummingbird -- they don't migrate during the winter, so I leave my feeder out year-round. Cold sugar water is better than none ...

And, as you can see, the snow hasn't melted away yet, nor is it likely to in any big hurry, since we are all of two degrees above freezing here. My wife was able to use her 4WD to get to the train station this morning, after two days off work, but my little red car -- of which I have spoken -- is as useful in the snow as a pogo stick with a spike on the tip, so I won't be driving to Kelso for silat class this evening. Assuming I could make it that far, attempting Guru's driveway would probably put me into the pasture with the goats.

I hate this, since I missed last week because my mother and sister were visiting from Louisiana.

Looks as if I'll be doing djurus in the back yard instead -- also still mostly snow-covered.

Foo.

2 comments:

Tiel Aisha Ansari said...

Robert (I mean the real Robert, not that one who was hanging out on the Serak list) lives out by you somewhere. He might be able to give you a ride. (I don't have his number, but Guru might.)

Steve Perry said...

If I don't trust my ability to drive over Cornealius Pass Road, I sure ain't gonna trust Robert, even if he has a snowplow ...