Monday, May 03, 2021

Dusting off the blog …


My buddy Dan has, after being put in FB jail for speaking truth to power, has dialed down his participation on the platform.

I can understand that. If his original content is done elsewhere, he can put a link to it on FB, and those who want to know what he is up to can go and see.

I have done that from time to time, and found that my click-through readers diminish, to judge by comments, but it is a good thought. FB censorship has skewed more and more into Mussoliniland.

 Maybe Liker will come back better, but FB has gone down a bad road, no question.


6 comments:

Matt the Shrink said...

FB was never really a good platform for anything but keeping up social contacts. I find it useful to keep connected to my far ranging relatives who I don’t get to see otherwise or very often. Most of my FB friends aren’t really good for spirited debate, and I only follow a few thoughtful and thought provoking peeps like you, Steve, and Dan and Barnes. I thank you for being one of the thinkers and tinkers.
-Matthew

Edwin said...

's What I did: move all Facebook posts to my blog and shift to post there. Next is autoposting a link on Facebook.

J.D. Ray said...

Dan’s reviving his website. Knowing him, it’ll go in fits and starts for a while, then will be a daily thing. He says he’s going to make it connect with social web protocols, meaning that people can follow him from social-web-enabled systems like Mastodon or any of the Friendica implementations. I’m on Nerdica. It seems to be the best of them, at least by my metrics (YMMV).

J.D. Ray said...

Wow, that’s a really old picture of me. Maybe time for an update.

Blaze Ward said...

had to figure out how to follow you two on a new app, just to stay in touch and not lose anything. :)

Anonymous said...

As someone who's had this blog on my favorites bar for many years I'm glad you're back. I've never been on facebook, even with an alias. I sometimes clicked on the icon just to see if anything new had popped up ;) - J