Monday, January 23, 2012

Who Knew?


Ever hear of black light miniature golf? I hadn't, until this weekend. I've been to kid's parties at bowling alleys wherein they dim the house lights and light black light bulbs and spray fake fog and all, but Putt-Putt? Hadn't seen that one.


Apparently my daughter's boys found it and loved it, so we went.


In the basement of a building downtown, eighteen holes, looks like the Haunted Mansion from Disneyland. Only light is black light, and it's dim. Glowing socks and shoe laces, anything white shines like a lamp.


A psychedelic poster from the sixties, it was. Not that I can remember the sixties, but there are still some of the old posters out there. The golf balls glow, different colors, so they are easy to track. Place was packed, we had to wait for our flight to take off ...


The colors, man, the colors ... !

2 comments:

Todd Erven said...

I went to a place like that in Hawaii a few years back. It was much more fun than I thought it would be.

Brad said...

We have one here in Spring, my daughter loved it until she realized the oil from her French fry fingers wiped all over her pants gave away the fact that she had not washed her hands.

Me? 70's flashbacks.