Sunday, July 22, 2007

Deadlines



Sometimes writers need deadlines, to prod them, but I am here -- briefly -- to tell you that writers hate deadlines.

Reason I haven't blogged lately is that I have book due, um, tomorrow, and when I got to the end of the draft on the one in progress, and thought I was done, we're all fine here, it turned out I had the story, nice and tight -- but that it was too tight.

About eighty pages short of what I needed, so the last few days and the next couple got, and will stay, busy. Back in the day, I could jog along at ten or fifteen pages of new material a day for weeks, no problem, and then do a few days of sprinting if I needed it, twenty, twenty-five page days, to bring it home.

Not any more. Hands won't take it, so I'm really going to have to learn how to fight smarter and not harder in that arena, too.

Gotta go.

(If you the like picture, go here.)

No comments: